CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Me venting

So the month of June is almost over, and I have done lots of hair but I forget the camera. I had a birthday a couple of weeks ago, # 33. I remember thinking that 30 was old, but I don't feel sooo old, just a little. Probably because I need to loose 25 pounds, which is my goal by January when I'm going to FL. with a great friend. Angie is wonderful and so thoughtful, I'm not sure I would know what to do with out her. I think my first move to loose the weight would be to stop drinking Pepsi, well I kind of did that, but I now drink Vanilla Coke. So NO soda. I'll let you know how that goes.
Monkey and Princess only have one week of school left, so summer fun is up to me. Hopefully Sprinklers and bikes will take care of most the fun. A few trips to grandmas and a visit with Aunt Sharkie will fill the rest.

Bruce and I started the girls on chores a couple of weeks ago. Things like refilling the TP in bathrooms, collection of laundry and garbage, simple things to you and me, HUGE to the girls. We have tried a chart before where they get a star for the chores done during the day. It was a disaster if they ran out of time because they chose to do other things. The chart would be destroy and lots of yelling would take place, mostly be Monkey. We have let the girls pick out toys as rewards for doing their chores for one full week, the toys were never earned.
So now we just have a list that needs to be done, no reward.

Well yesterday I ended up packing away a bunch of toys that were left around the house, one of the chores is to put all of their things away at the end of the day. I did give them several days to clean up on their own but nothing happened, so I broke.

hopefully with summer we can refine our checks and balances so that the house can be a little cleaner and my life a whole lot easier. I mean isn't that why we have kids so that they can work for us, ha ha ha.

1 comment:

Chuck and Diana said...

ha ha ha. when we got pregnant with lauren the first thing chuck said to me was "awesome. now you can tell (her) to do the dishes instead of me!"